Monday, December 16, 2013

Me, Myself, and I

Low self-esteem, I have it.  I've pretty much almost always had it.  It's a terrible demon that eats away at me, telling myself that I'm not good enough, I don't look pretty enough, I'm not thin enough, I'm not this... I'm not that.  It's horrible.  I wish I didn't suffer from it, it eats away at me sometimes.  Last night it came to a head and I finally told Adrian how much it bothers me that I feel this way.  He's noticed how down I am on myself.  Years of being made fun of, and dating the wrong people who put me down constantly will do that to a person.  After quite a few tears and an hour long conversation between the two of us, he's started to make me write down 3 things I like about myself - either personality wise or physically - to build myself back up.  They aren't allowed to be the same things either, so I've taken to tracking it in my phone so I don't double up.

The first three things I listed were as follows...

1. My eyes (they are hazel, but change different shades of green depending on what I'm wearing, what color my hair is, or how hard I might have been crying)

2. My sense of humor (I almost always can make people laugh around me.  I especially like making my mom laugh when she's having a crappy day, whether I mean to or not.)

3. My legs (they are long and I love 'em)

No comments:

Post a Comment